Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Adjunct, Department of Communication and Journalism
- Created the first Multimedia Production and Style & Design courses in the department.
- Developed the first student built digital resumes and portfolios offered to students on the Auburn campus. Students build and design HTML and CMS versions of their resumes and work and host them online in their own personalized domain. See prprospects.
- Founded and built Eagle Eye News, Auburn’s student run television station.
- Arranged student interviews, via Skype, with renowned public relations practitioners in order to further develop student interest in the field.
- Frequently inform students about the recent trends in public relations on a periodic basis.
- Regularly provide twice as many required office hours for my students, particularly in the computer lab environment, to allow for individual guidance and aid. Providing these hours helps students overcome their lack of familiarity with computers and software.
Past WorkFlorida State University
Director of Student Activities / Associate Director of Oglesby Union
- January, 1997-September, 1999 - Student Affairs, Tallahassee, FL
Responsible for a $1.5+ million budget. Supervised Student Activities, Seminole Student Leadership, Art Center, Bowling Center and advised all organinzations. Staff supervised: 6 professional & 5 full-time staff [1 AD, 5 Coordinators, 3 Program Assts, 2 Secretaries, 11 GAs, 50+ paid students & many volunteers] Budgets: 52% activity fees, 38% revenue & 10% university.
Director of the University Program Council / Associate Director of Foy Union
- 1990–1997, Student Affairs
Produced concerts and hundreds of events each year. UPC and numerous other co-curricular programs served approximately 250,000+ people each year. Built budget from $185,000, when I started, to a level of $1,000,000+ in seven years.
In 1992, I founded Eagle Eye Television by obtaining funding of $250,000 and developed an agreement that all pertinent campus administrators signed. 2012 is Eagle Eye's 20th anniversary.
Station Manager, WEGL
Camp ASCCA / Easter Seals
Director of Public Relaitons and Development